Although there are several pavilions associated with Villa Twaklinilkawt, the apparitional pavilion is apparently the most famous. It is much older than the possibility pavilions and the main, original science pavilion but not as old as the twin pavilions in the walled, library garden.
Most visitors are not particuarly familiar with apparitional culture. In view of this, the guide for the pavilion itself is usually a subject expert such as Professor Warra, though he has been known to delegate the task to Mr Tjirbruki, Mrs Warriparinga, Doctor Patalawonga or even, in emergencies, to Lady Banks.
The latter lady is usually responsible for maintaining the nearby rose display, supervising the incognita kiosk, managing the banksia bank and distributing the ethereal petty cash.
The Apparitional Pavilion was built in 1836, using a model unlike the 1788 twin pavilions. It is, in fact, based on the Florilegium design, circa 1770. It therefore looks much like a rotunda when seen from a distance.
As Professor Warra has noted himself, apparitional culture blends Aboriginal traditions within a Twaklinesque sensibility to develop deeper layers of multicultural, mystical meaning.
The tour continues this way